About the role
As a Senior Planner, you will provide planning and scheduling expertise to all project teams and functional disciplines. The senior planner will be working on a highly confidential project, where you will develop comprehensive implementation strategies, incorporate deliverables into project schedules, and prepare project life cycle and master schedules.
The position will also integrate all schedules (design disciplines, vendors, production, and construction) and provide a comprehensive project perspective. You will also be responsible for monitoring, evaluating risks, and presenting recovery/mitigation plans to support turnover/opening schedules. The successful candidate will perform earned value analysis when needed and provide progress reports and management presentations.
- Lead development and implementation of project scheduling processes, tools, and deliverables
- Lead project schedule reporting and planning sessions with all levels of project and organizational management
- Coordinate with contractors, responsible project team members, performing work groups, and systems planners to develop and integrate activity durations and logic sequences required to perform project work
- Lead manpower loading/resource analysis, and develop status-earned man-hour progress curves as required
- Scope of responsibility may include lead discipline planning coverage on some projects of show/ride concept development, show, ride, facility, and area development design, show ride production and installation, show, ride test and adjust and show programming in addition to the core building construction and field disciplines
- Responsible for preparation of the schedule reporting specification for the contract bid packages and determining Schedule Milestones and/or Key Dates for incorporation into the Contract Specification.
At least 5 years of experience in engineering/construction planning and scheduling and/or themed entertainment planning/coordination experience, which includes a combination of:
- Experience in Critical Path Method scheduling experience utilizing scheduling software
- Experience in construction, production, and/or design experience.
- Good understanding of practical project control applications and earned value measurement
- BS or MS degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or equivalent degree.